Harwood Law defends and advises clients in criminal and civil investigations and enforcement proceedings. Representative matters include:
- Defended a senior bank executive in a criminal investigation by the Manhattan District Attorney concerning allegations of fraud related to the bank’s transactions with Enron.
- Defended a public distribution company in a formal investigation before the Securities and Exchange Commission concerning allegations of improper revenue recognition.
- Conducted an internal investigation of alleged breaches of fiduciary duty by certain directors and officers of major metropolitan hospital.
- Represented the Chief Financial Officer and other executives in the finance department of a consumer electronics corporation in an internal investigation of accounting fraud.
- Represented a foreign business executive in an investigation by the Department of Justice of the executive’s dealings with a vendor in the oil and gas industry.
- Represented employees of a real estate company in an investigation by the Manhattan District Attorney into charges of campaign finance violations.