Harwood Law’s experience in real estate lawsuits involves work for landlords, tenants, investors and cooperative ownership associations. Representative matters include:
- Represented landlords and tenants in disputes over rent payments for commercial leases.
- Obtained a temporary restraining order for a real estate investor against an auction by the City of New York of property that the investor had donated to the City for public purposes.
- Defeated an attempt to enjoin the transfer to an investor of property the investor obtained in an auction of City owned property.
- Obtained an injunction for a landlord against the tenant’s modification of a store front in violation of the restrictive covenants in a lease.
- Obtained a Yellowstone injunction for a tenant against the wrongful termination of a commercial lease.
- Obtained a favorable settlement for a hotel owner in actions by subcontractors to foreclose on mechanic’s liens.
- Negotiated a favorable settlement for a cooperative board whose managing agent had taken unauthorized loans in the cooperative’s name and had failed to pay real estate taxes and other fees on the cooperative’s behalf.
- Prosecuted a claim of malpractice against an architecture firm in connection with a high end residential construction project.